Aussie bulls and bears are in for a busy week as China is scheduled to print a bunch of top-tier releases.
China’s top-tier reports
- China’s trade balance (Jan 14, Asian session) is expected to show improved exports and even faster imports. Trade surplus could widen from $38.7B to $45.7B in December
- Quarterly GDP (Jan 17, 2:00 am GMT) is expected to maintain its 1.5% quarterly and 6.0% annualized growth rates
- Fixed asset investment (Jan 17, 2:00 am GMT) to remain at 5.2% in December
- Industrial production (Jan 17, 2:00 am GMT) could slow down from 6.2% to 5.8% in December
- Retail sales (Jan 17, 2:00 am GMT) is expected at 7.9% after an 8.0% growth in November
- Stochastic flags AUD as “oversold” against USD
- Longer-term SMAs point to GBP/AUD being “bullish but weakening” while short-term SMAs say that it’s already “bearish.” Watch out retracement or reversal opportunities
Missed last week’s price action? Read AUD’s price recap for January 6 – 10!